Tuesday 31 August 2010

Happy 53rd Merdeka Day


Happy Merdeka to everybody. It’s a holiday and I didn’t go out anywhere as I am fully occupied with my baking. Furthermore its fasting month and the children just prefer to stay at home. Last night after came back from school, Nabila was asking about Merdeka and what was it all about. She seems to be interested in this as I believed she was talking about it at school.

She asked whether I could bring her to see the Merdeka parade as she never seen it before. Well.. me too, I never been to any parade and I would probably did not want to especially at my age now! I told her maybe one day we could go there together with her daddy. So this morning I asked her to watch the parade showed life on TV. She was very keen and interested watching it. I watched it too and it was an awesome event.

This year we celebrate our 53 years of being independence. God.. I am proud to be Malaysian. We live with different cultures and lifestyles but still happily under one roof. Though there are bunch of ungrateful groups out there who still trying to memporak peranda each other, but still lots of people unite for the harmony and peaceful of our country.

No matter what shortcomings we faced in our country, be proud of being a Malaysian. Trust me.. when you introduce yourself as Malaysian to the outside world, they will look up high on you as being Malaysian.

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! 1 Malaysia Menjana Transformasi.


No comments: