Friday 10 October 2008

The Decision

At this particular moment I’ve been thinking a lot about my daughter, Nadira. She’s going to be 14 years old in this coming November. She’s now studying at HIBS, Genting in Year 8. Tomorrow I will be going to her school to submit notice of leaving the school for her there.

After much thought n discussion with hubby we decided to pull her out from there. When we came back to Malaysia, the children’s education was the priority. We continued putting her to the International School in order for her to continue with what she’s been learning before.

As Malaysian, it was not easy to just walk in n enrol our kids to any International School here. Though our children qualified n meet all the requirements needed by the Ministry, still it depends who n what u are. We approached a few schools but were upset with the – full for Malaysian quotas statement.

And that’s why Nadira ended up studying at HIBS. We put her to boarding school so that she will have a better n good study environment n also at the same time can continue with the International curriculum. But for some REASONS, I have to pull her out from there.

These back two days I was making enquiries n running looking around for Nadira’s school next year. I approached a few private schools n try to enquire n enrol her to the National Curriculum. She will be in Form 3 next year. Unfortunately none of the schools were willing to take her because of her International background. They are afraid of her BM n other subjects that she might not adapt to. Furthermore it’s a critical year – PMR exam n I believe because of to maintain the record n repo they wouldn’t want to take the risk.

Actually Nadira wouldn’t want to continue to the National curriculum as she herself is not confident that she will get thru it. I also did approached a few International schools – not the big one like Garden, ISKL, Australian which we went before with the answers full for the next 2 years! It’s the local private school which running the International Curriculum as well.

Though there are no students/teachers expat berkulit putih but they are using the same system n the same Cambridge exams. I have no worries about Nadira’s English or her British accent as she can just easily twist her tongue n speak like really minah saleh. I just want her to finish off her secondary school n score the GCSE n then further her study to the University.

As nowadays in Malaysia there a sooo many students excel n score straight A in SPM. I wanted her to continue National curriculum but deep inside me I am scared that she cannot put thru it. What if she fails her BM? Or she didn’t even get the minimum requirement to enter the University? I will the one to be blamed then!

I will have another talk with her about this. Maybe I just let her to make a choice n make sure that she knows the responsibility that she has to succeed in her major exam. I just want her to be success in her life. That's all what mother wants.

1 comment:

Auntie Roy said...

I understand how u feel my dear friend, no moms in this world never worried about their girls. I'm facing the same problem like u too, tapi kita doa je lah supaya diarg jauh daripada benda2 yg tak diingini..eeii.. bukan senang nak jaga anak perempuan ni..bila dia rg rasa dah besar n cantik sikit, ada peminat... mulalah..