Sunday 31 August 2008

Malaysia 51th National Day


Nabila n Hakeem with their Merdeka pose - saat2 merdeka frm fighting with each other!

Merdeka Merdeka! Happy 51th Birthday Malaysia. It’s holiday here n I didn’t do much activities n just stay at home. Yesterday after hours spent time looking around for my kitchen appliances, I had finally decided on certain product n got all the measurements. A big relieve as one of my tasks accomplished.

All of us were so worn out last night. All my children retired early. I stayed up late as I already had a short nap after reached home. Finally I had a chance to have the TV for my own as normally it will be conquered by my children with cartoon, cartoon n cartoon…

Lots of Merdeka concert here n there showed on TV. Exactly 12.00 midnight, I heard the loud fireworks from my house. I opened my door hoping that I could see it but unfortunately it was just a dark empty sky. Still not satisfied, I ran to my bedroom (still hoping) tapi takde gak.. So I just sat on the couch watching the life fireworks on TV with the loud sound of dum dum dum outside my house n the sound effects of people screaming n also with the vibration of my glass sliding door.

So pathetic ah.. But that’s how it is. I wish my hubby was around. If he is around, I will surely drag him to watch the fireworks along with the kids. I love to watch the fireworks n he knows it well.

As for today, I cooked simple lunch for all of us n sent Nadira back home to her boarding. Her class will not started until Tuesday but since she was on MC for so long n missed her friends, she begged me to send her today.

Though my celebration of Merdeka is not the same as others but I still have the feelings of patriotism to my country. I am proud of Malaysia. Although I’ve been around to a few other countries, no place can be as beautiful n peaceful as my country. Saya Anak Malaysia.

No comments: