Monday 25 August 2008

Madinah Al-Munawarrah

I departed from KLIA on 11August 15:30 n arrived Madinah at 01.30, 12August. Once arrived at the hotel we straight away had our dinner ( I supposed it was like sahur). Then had a short nap n went down to Masjid Nabawi to have our subuh prayer.

After breakfast I n Mak went back to the mosque to visit Raudhah. Salam to our Rasullulah S.A.W. As usual it was always packed n we had to squeeze in ourself to perform solat sunat at Raudhah. I guarded my mom while she performed the solat which at the same time people were non-stop pushing me from behind. But Alhamdullilah we managed to spend ample time there.

The next day we were brought to a tour around Madinah. We visited Masjid Quba which was the first Mosque built by Rasullulah S.A.W. Later then we went to Masjid Qiblatain which has two kiblat (one pointing to Baitulmaqdis n one to Masjidil Haram).


We then went to Jabal Uhud. Jabal Uhud was where the famous battle of Uhud was fought in the 3rd year of Hijrah. This was where Rasulullah's uncle Saidina Hamzah, who was killed and had his heart eaten by a woman named Hindun. He, together with all those who died in battle are buried at the foot of the hill.

Our last destination was the infamous Pasar Kurma. The long stretch of shops selling dates, nuts, raisins n chocolates. We didn’t actually go around all the shops there. The organizer asked us to go to ‘his’ special shops that most of all Malaysians n Indonesians went there and had a great discount.


The highest quality dates can only be found in Madinah which include Kurma Nabi. All of us in the groups end up bought kgs of various dates plus raisins, nuts n chocolates. We managed to get back to the hotel before zuhur.

The weather here in Madinah was very dry n hot. It was 48deg celcius. Alhamdullilah because of my experienced stay in Oman, I was fine n ok with the weather. In fact I was smiling thinking the moments of my stay in Oman n what I had been doing during this high deg season. Huh.. betul2 rindu bangat sampai panas mengelegak pun boleh senyum sorang2!

Except for Mak n other jemaah, they can’t stand the heat especially when the winds blow. It was so hot n dry. I always tell the people who asked me before how does it feels during the summer n I always said, you go down to the puduraya station n stand behind one of the running engine bus. Did you feel the heat blow on your face? Ha.. that’s how it feels with 48-50deg celcius climate here.

After Isyak we went again to visit Makam Rasullulah S.A.W for Ziarah Widaq as the next day after the subuh prayer all of us will be going to Mekah.

The Ziarah Widaq which is the final visit to say goodbye to Rasullullah S.A.W was the sad n touchy moment for me. A kind of feelings deep inside me that reminds me of how Rasullulah S.A.W the messenger of Allah struggle so hard to spread Islam. How he was so brave n determine to stand for Islam. And we as a Muslim should be proud for him.

I only had a chance to spend here for 3 days n I wish I could stay longer.

No comments: