Tuesday 10 June 2008

The Value of Money

Everything goes up! The price of petrol, rice, flour, cooking oil, sugar n lots lots more. Nowadays if u go to Giant with RM50 in your purse, tell me what can u get out of it? I still remember 8-10 years back with the RM50, I can buy the whole week of groceries. But now it’s impossible.

The cost of living here in KL has drastically increased. I was surprised to see there are so many new hi-way which of course with paid toll. A few times I had lost my sense of directions since I came back here which I end up went thru these new hi-ways. So no money/touch n go card/smart tag better not to cruise around.

Today u can never buy nasi bungkus with the price of RM3 even at makcik jual tepi jalan. I feel sorry for those who have just started their career n life here in KL. Life is not going to be easy. But do we have any options?

Recently the increased of petrol has given so much impact to everybody. My mother in-law has started listing down things to buy n only will go out once a week to buy those groceries. My brother has started taking motorbike to his work. As for me, how I wish I can fill up my car with ‘water’! I go out everyday to send my kids to school n I wish my full tank petrol will last for at least two weeks.

It’s not just the petrol that we r talking here. I went around to a few furniture shops. They said I have to buy the furniture within this week coz after this the price will be different. When asked why, they said minyak naik.. nanti semua barang naik ohh…

And all this really gave a big blow to my house project. As when we checked, the entire price for the materials goes up as well. And this will really burst our budget.

My advise to those who are working abroad, especially my friends – don’t come back yet till u have make tons of money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

betui tu, just stay there, dah cukup duit pun tak payah ah balik, things are not going to be any better...