Saturday 28 June 2008

The Relocation

This morning I had finished relocated all the boxes which all this while resided at our temporary store – the new house. Our ‘harta karun’ from Oman n Miri. The job started at 11.00am n ended at 3.45pm. When I first called the lorry man, I told him that he has to bring extra workers for all those heavy n many boxes.

When came this morning, I saw one man n a lady. The lorry man himself is 65 years old n of course he’s the boss n won’t do the ‘carrying’ part. I really felt sorry for those two workers. The distance from my new house to my rented house here is just 3km. We had to make a 3 delivery trips since he just brought a small lorry.

And when the job was over, I felt so relieved. I had finally managed to empty the house for the people to start doing the renovations.

I had actually sorted out some of the boxes n gave away some of the things. But still there are lots of boxes which some of it I can’t recall what’s inside. Especially those which from Miri.


(the room before the transformation)

I didn’t want to open it when it was there coz afraid of making more mess. Now I’ve put all the boxes in one of the room in my rented house here. I guess I have to start opening n sorting out box by box.


(after the transformation - don't ask me where i put those beds & cupboard!)

Nabila n Hakeem were so excited to see the boxes which stated ‘toys’ n ‘computer’. They were non-stop begging me to open those. I told them to wait till we move to the new house. It’s enough with the mess n toys that they currently have.

So for the time being, I have to bear with all the cramped boxes in the house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kak Intan,

Tumpang tanya.. masa you got mover in Oman.. which company and how much did they charged to send your things to KL? -Lin, Oman