Friday 20 June 2008

NO - not an easy word

Now I know how it feels. The feeling of worried, feared n frustrated that my Mom had when I was young. Why my Mom always say NO to some of the things that I want to do. At that time I couldn’t understand n always protest against her.

Now I am facing this with my own girls. I have a bunch of grown-up girls. When they were small it’s easy to make them understand why they can’t do this n that. They accepted all ‘NO’ instruction without complained.

But now it’s different. Whatever ‘NO’ that says always has to come with the rational explanation. Though I gave them logic reasons to justify it, still they can’t accept it. They will start to ask why? Why I can’t do this where else my friends can? Why I can’t go when u never bring me there? Why don’t u trust me? Why do u always say NO to whatever I like?

Then we started not talking to each other. She started to show her protest n me the hurting old woman, started blaming inside myself whether I am making the right decision. I always believe with my own instinct. It happened a few occasions in my life that I was never wrong with my instinct.

How I wish my daughter could understand why I have to do this. I just worry n care about her. I don’t want any bad things happen to her. But as a grown up teenagers with the uncontrolled surroundings, things won’t be smooth n easy for parents.

I try my best to be an understanding mother. Always update my knowledge to the latest news n trend. I try to be fair n understand what they want so I won’t be an ‘outdated’ mom. Be their friends n share the same interest. Accommodate the best educations n facilities for them.

These are what all Moms n parents want for their children. I guess this is the part of process in the journey of our life. When our children are growing up, we are getting older. We were at their place before n we know what they feel. It’s just that maybe nowadays is not the same as our old days.

What I wish n hope that all my children will be success in their future. Have a good n decent life. Menjadi anak-anak yang beriman di dunia dan akhirat. As me n Hubby always say to them, one day Mommy n Ayah will die. We don’t have millions or tons of fortune to be left for u. What we have are all the educations that we gave to u all this while. If u are smart, u will turn up to be somebody respectable.

No comments: