Sunday 18 November 2007

Mutrah Souq

I have not been to Mutrah Souq for so long. The last time I went there was on June. We went there with Aiman (Malaysian’s student who did practical training in Muscat) to buy gifts for his family. Actually I love to go to Mutrah Souq looking at all the things there. You can find silvers, Omani handcrafts, Omani dress, scarfs n all kind of souvenirs from Oman.

We normally go there bringing friends who come for a visit to Oman. Today I have to make myself go there to buy the Omani dress for my daughter, Nabila. She has to wear the dress for the National Day tomorrow at school. Actually she already got one that she wore last year. My fault, I brought it back home to Malaysia during our recent holiday n left it there.

So now I have to get a new one. When I went to the souq today, there were full with tourist (English tourist). The moment I saw them, I knew that I will never get a good bargain for the dress. After went to five shops selling Omani dress with different kind of materials n of course different price range, I settled at the last shop.

This time I bought a different kind of material. They seems to enhanced the dress to make it look expensive n fashionable without eliminate the traditional part of course. It is so beautiful. Pink material colour with glittery beads n sequins in green n silver which represent the Oman's flag.

It’s not cheap though.. After a few bargained, the salesman seems not to care whether I want to buy or not. And I who was so desperately need it, had just to go for it. Huh.. My hubby will sure laugh at me. He knows better that I am very good at bargaining price. I can bargain n make the salesperson ‘melt’ n just go along with my price. But I guessed today is just not my day..

No comments: