Monday 12 November 2007

A day at school




Today is an interesting day for me. In the morning I was at my daughter’s school – Nabila. She is in Reception class at British School of Muscat. I volunteered myself to assist the teacher in the class. Well.. not the ‘teaching’ part but assisting on observing the children on some activities.

I was so impressed with the way of the school’s approach n method in teaching. I was there during their first break time. All the kids including my daughter were so excited to see me there. They maybe has expecting me because the previous day was one of other children’s mom as well. When they see me, they were all saying ‘Hey.. that’s Nabila’s mom. Nabila.. look that’s your mom’.

My daughter smiled proudly. She knew that I was coming today n kept reminding me last night not to forget that I have to be at the school today. After the break n activities in the playground, we went inside the classroom. Miss Smales, the class’s teacher selected one of the children to be the ‘teacher’.

Miss Morven was selected n she asking the children to hold the card by positioning it in many different ways. Then she asked the children to hand over the card number accordingly. And Morven really did a good job as a ‘teacher’.

My function later on was to get a group of children (including Nabila) to arrange card number (1-20). Write down their achievement n then continued with colouring elephant’s picture. I gave stickers for all the children. They just love it.

I am enjoying myself at the school. Even though it was just for a while, I feel at least I’ve done something for the children. I don’t mind to be back again next week for the new task.


No comments: