Monday 26 November 2007

Cross My Fingers

Tomorrow will be a long holiday for Oman. National Day holiday. My family n two others family friends will be going to Dubai. When it is a long holiday almost everybody here going out to Dubai. There will be a long que at the immigration even from early in the morning. So we plan to depart from Muscat at 5.30am.

As usual stop for breakfast at Sohar. I had just finished doing all my cooking n packing stuffs. We actually made a last minute decision to go to Dubai. At this time it’s very hard to get a hotel. As there r a few major events n National Day for UAE as well. I’ve only started looking for the hotel last Saturday. We are grateful to get the hotel apartment. I did all the booking thru the Dubai’s agent that I got from the internet.

At first everything went fine as she said I can get 3 units apartment. We proceed for the payment n waited for the voucher to present to the hotel upon check-in. This morning when I contacted her asking for the voucher, she said the hotel that we paid declined to give us the room. She even suggested an alternative hotel at Sharjah.

I disagreed with the hotel at Sharjah n insisted for the reasons why all this happened after the payment has been made. They should honour the promise. After a few hours waiting I asked my hubby to call the agent. It’s better to get a man to talk. My hubby said to her that the hotel shouldn’t do this to us. He asked the agent to get the manager to talk to the hotel’s manager about this. If we still didn’t get the hotel, we’ll lodge complaints to the Dubai authority.

Guess what? After 10 minutes I got an email from the agent with the voucher. I still have worried about this. Anything can happen with thousand reasons from them. I don’t want to drive all the way from Muscat ending up with no place to sleep in Dubai.

But from our side, we had prepared all the copy of email n documentations. We even have the Ministry contact number n print out to show them in case they were trying to play funny with us. I do hope n pray that everything will be fine tomorrow. We will have safe journey n things will go smooth as planned.
p/s: So sad that Rohaya couldn't join us as Haji is still in Malaysia.

No comments: