Tuesday 9 October 2007

Memory of Ramadhan - Part 4



Pelita.. it’s like a must during hari raya. I still remember when I was little, my dad never failed to put on pelita every year during Eid. Me n my brothers were so excited looking n running along those pelita that being hanged around the fences of our house. When we were small we played bunga api every night by lighting it using that pelita.

But nowadays has changed. You hardly see those pelita around the house except at the kampung area. I guess maybe it is for the safety purposes. The trend has changed now, people started to put lights – lampu lip lap I called it around the house. The lights came with different kinds of shape n design. Some of it even with ketupat design. I love to drive around at night to see houses that have been decorated with those beautiful lights.

Here in Oman you will miss all that. You can never find pelita over here. Last night my hubby n Nazri had made n effort to make our house looked glory with those lampu lip lap. They hanged it up.. up.. on the roof of our house. Now.. I can tell u that we are the only house along those streets that has those lampu lip lap..

I wonder what those Omani will say about it. Ha ha ha.. but who cares. We just wanna have the raya spirit like we had back in Malaysia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alahai...i really miss kl when i saw those lampu lip lap....

Anonymous said...

erk.... where's my photo??? Sudddently flsahed back "lampu lip-lap which my mom hung all arroung our roof skirting when I was a kid"...

miester: celebrating hari raya alone for the third time... sedih ooooo...!


www.miester.wordpress.com