Saturday 6 October 2007

Memory of Ramadhan - Part 3


Another 7 days we’ll celebrate Eid Fitri. I am sure all the station radios now have been playing lagu raya. Ooh.. I missed that. Last Wednesday I was away (reason why I had not been posting for a few days) to Al-Ain. My family n Hj Zunaidi went to visit our dear friend Professor Iskandar who is now in ICU at Tawam Hospital. It took us about 5 hours to go there from Muscat.

We left Muscat at 3.00pm Wednesday. During that long journey, it reminds me when I used to drive to go back to Alor Setar - ‘balik kampung’. I used to go back 1 or 2 days before Raya with my brothers. Lebuhraya Utara Selatan was packed with so many cars. The cars were crawling so slowly. If u wanted to go to any R & R (emengercy nak gi toilet ke) u better wait until u pass of Ipoh. You’ll have no chances at all to exit to any R&R. Jammed n packed with all the cars. But I guessed nobody complaint about that because that’s one of the Raya spirit for Malaysian!

The radio station in Muscat has a program who they interviewed all nationalities who celebrate Eid in Oman. That included Malaysia, Brunei n Singapore. One evening when I was cooking for Iftar, I suddenly heard lagu raya from the radio. It was Hail Amir n Uji Rashid. I was jumping overjoyed n shouted to everybody in the house. ‘Lagu raya.. lagu raya kat radio Oman!!!’ Everybody were running to the radio n listen to the song. So funny.. Throughout our journey to Al-Ain we had been playing lagu raya CD. Oohh.. we did miss all that.

To Professor’s family, we pray to Allah that they will be strong to go thru all this. Last night we had organized solat hajat n yasin for him. Insyaalah everything will be fine.

p/s: my favourite lagu raya is by M.Nasir – Suatu hari di hari raya…

No comments: