Tuesday 7 September 2010

The Raya Spirit

Hari raya is just around the corner and I more or less have made the preparation. Not really much though, it is just buying new clothes for the children. Actually I only start this year introducing this ‘baju raya’ concept to my little kids. The previous years it was only baju kurung and baju melayu.

This year I added a few outing clothes and shoes. Nabila and Hakeem asked me why did I buy those clothes, kept and didn’t allow them to wear. I told them these clothes can only be wearing during raya. They were curious and I have to explain to them that raya is a special day and everybody will wear nice clean clothes.

I still remember when I was small, I was very excited when it comes to raya. My parents will buy for me a few pair of clothes and shoes. I will lay down the new clothes on the bed. The next morning I was the proud one bergaya with those new clothes.

Nowadays my children got new clothes almost every month. Seriously I spoiled them and that was why they couldn’t get the idea of having this ‘baju raya’ concept. This year also the year they started fasting. This part, I could see that they just couldn’t wait for raya so that they can eat. Beside that raya means they will be getting duit raya. Part ni they are excited. They are looking forward to balik kampung to meet their grandfather and cousins.

Sadly this year hubby is not coming back to celebrate raya with us. This is my first time actually celebrating raya apart from him. Well.. I just don’t want to talk about it yet but I am certainly very sad and sad. When I hear the raya song on the radio, my God.. lagi lah emo…

I am going back to Kedah tomorrow morning. It's a long journey and I hope the traffic is good and smooth.

No comments: