Monday 13 September 2010

My Days Of Raya

My days feel so long and bored without hubby around. Honestly it feels so empty! My first day of Raya filled with activities till night. When it came to second day, things were getting slower. We went out having pizza for lunch.


My aunty came later after that and that was it. I don’t have many relatives in Kedah as my dad is from Negeri Sembilan and my mom was from Johor. My mom came to Kedah brought with her, my aunty and cousin and my dad has his brother with him. All of them have been staying in Kedah for 35 years.


Nabila asked me why we don’t go around to people houses like when we were in Malacca (nak kutip duit raya ah tu.. ). I said I don’t have many relatives here so kutip je lah duit raya from my brothers, tok ayah, aunty and people who came to our house.

On the second day we had dinner at my favorite place yg lain tak bukan… Nasi Royale. Huh.. it has been so long mengidam and I was so lucky that it was opened on that night. Though it was very long queue, I didn’t mind at all.


Nak makan punya pasal.. sanggup segalanya! My brothers who were complaining Nasi Royale dah tak sedap nengok makan licin gak!! The next day punya terkejut perut after a month fasting.. makan nasi mamak.. I had to visit toilet for so many times..


On the third day of Raya, I just stay at home except in the afternoon went to my cousin’s open house. In the evening – bosan tahap cipan!! I brought my children to the Mall. We just wondered around and had light snack there.

That was it.. I didn’t say my stay in Kedah was bored. It was just me – bored without company. My brothers were busy with their activities and I just had no idea what to do and where to go. It was so pathetic of me in my own lonely planet.

This morning at 8.30am, I drove all the way till Malacca to visit my mother in-law. I arrived at 3.30pm and once stepped out from the car, my feet felt wobbly and shaky. I will be staying here for a couple of days before heading back to my home sweet home.

Tomorrow will be another Raya activity in Malacca.

No comments: