Wednesday 10 September 2008

My Hero



This morning I was a bit rushing preparing kids for school. Anyway we managed to be at the school on time. This morning Hakeem was a bit cranky. Once arrived at the school, I let Hakeem n Nabila played around at the playground in front of their class while I was meeting their teacher.

They were playing the swings. I heard Hakeem cried asking his sister to push the swing for him which at the same time her sister wanted to play too. Nabila tried to teach him how to push himself to make the swing moves. When he couldn’t do it, he started whining.

I was at the distance watching both of them. Later on the teacher blew the whistle n called all of them to their respective class. Hakeem at that time immediately jumped n hugged Nabila. He kept hugging Nabila n didn’t want to let her go. The teacher came to them n tried to talk out. But Hakeem acted like a baby kept whining hugging, kissing his sister.

At that point, I had to go n interfere. I pulled Hakeem slowly n carried him with me. He was whining n crying (without tears in his eyes). His class teacher came n calmed him then took him to the class. Huh.. memang mengada-ngada anak jantan I pagi ni. This is why my elder daughters always complaint – I spoilt him too much!

This afternoon when I fetched him, he was very happy n cheerful. He was wearing a plastic glasses that he got from the party pack. He said he looked like Granpa. They had a birthday party in the class. The teacher told me that he was fine n smiling the moment he took him to the class this morning. I know very well that he’ll be fine. Maybe he needs more attention from his sister which I think he had more than enough. They spend their whole time together, so attach n close.

That’s my only boy – Hakeem. Sometimes he can be so confident, rough n tough. At the other time he can be so soft n sensitive. But most of all, he’s the proud of the family. The youngest, the last n the only boy. My hero.

1 comment:

Mum and Roses said...

Bila ramai girls sorang boy, yang boy tentulah special... bila sorang girl, sorang boy, hmmm tak larat nak layan dua2.