Monday 8 September 2008

Mr Plumber vs Pasar Ramadhan

I was really pissed off with the sink at my kitchen. This is the 4th time happened. The first when I moved in, the sink has started giving me problems. First the water started leaking under my sink due to the sluggish drain. I called the landlady n she sent the plumber for repaired.

Somehow I didn’t know what this plumber had been doing as the drain started again. The second time, the drain was quite bad n the water leaked n overflowed the floor in the kitchen. It was so messy. The plumber came n repaired. Then it happened again for the 3rd time n that time I was bit nosy n kept complained the way he has been doing his job.

I even told him that I might not know much about this plumbing thing but by commonsense any of layman people like me knows that what he’s been doing was not right. All this while he was using the soft plastic pipe (like a washing machine hose) n of course it couldn’t support the heavy water flow thru it. Later on he changed to a normal pvc pipeline.

And 2 days ago, it happened again. I tried using plunger n poured hot boiling water but it still didn’t work. I called him yesterday n he promised to come today. I waited n called him again in the afternoon n he said that he couldn’t make it n will come tomorrow morning. @#$&#@#

I have stopped using the sink since yesterday. Tonight when I used the washing machine, my sink was full with water. I don’t know where it came from but I suspected it was from the washing machine as maybe they share the same hosepipe.

So now I just have to minimize my activity in the kitchen. After fetching kids from school, I took them for lunch n did some groceries. Later on I stopped at Pasar Ramadhan (excited sungguh membeli-belah) to buy food for my Iftar. God knows how enthusiastic I was marching from one stall to another. I can’t belive myself that I bought lots of food mcm ada 3-4 org dalam rumah.

I bought nasi kerabu, murtabak, sata, roti john, sate n mi sup (for kids). Oops.. n also chocolate moist cake from Secret Receipe. The food was good except the murtabak which was so tasteless. Frust sungguh.

I am not sure whether I could finish all that but I will try. (nafsu.. nafsu..). While I was there, I heard a couple walking beside grumbled over something – the wife said “Yang beli bnyk2 ni nanti habis ke makan, tak habis jaga” the husband replied “ Habis yang.. abang kalau benda yg abang suka sure habis abg makan” Hmm… ingat pompuan je yg nak beli mcm2.. rupanya lelaki juga!

Anyway beside the absence Mr Plumber who annoyed me today, I enjoyed my Iftar for the first time with the food that I bought from Pasar Ramadhan.

5 comments:

Lady Huyam said...

teringinnyee sy nk makan nasi dagang nih...da 3 hari beli makanan xseswai ngan jiwe raga...huihui, sedeyyhhh

Auntie Roy said...

Voguemom, kalau camne kita masak sendiri lagi best kan. Yang kat pasar ramadhan tu tak sedap...walaupun susah2 kitarg masak tapi masih sedap ada quality lagi lah. (ni ckp org yg miss kat pasar ramadhan ni hehehe)

Vogue Mom said...

tu lah.. mahal pulak tu suma makanan yg dijual. rasa belum tentu sedap. biar penat memasak tapi we are sure that the food we cooked mmg sedap.

Mum and Roses said...

Ha ha , nak repair free macam tu le. Land lady went for lowest bidder.
Cari plumber betul2, bayar dulu, lepas tu claim, or deduct from rental lah.

Lilac said...

kak Intan, jealousnya.. kak intan gi pasar ramadhan.. anyway wishing you ramadhan kareem....
p/s: Lin dah pindah dah dari muscat a few days ago.. dah pindah ke bahrain...