Wednesday 23 April 2008

The Test

Somehow this morning when I woke up from sleep I‘ve decided to do a Pap Smear test. The last time I did the test was 2 years ago. I never like to go thru the test. But I know that I have to do it. No matter how I prepared myself mentally n physically, I still feel shaking n terrified when the doctor started asking me to lie down on the bed.

Woman are advise to take the Pap Smear test every 12 months. Pap smears help prevent cancer of the cervix because they detect abnormal cells early, allowing time to treat or remove the cells before they become cancerous without having any impact on long-term infertility. Sound scary ahh..

My beloved mother - Arwah Mama, she didn’t do the pap smear test for years until being diagnosed having cervix cancer at the critical stage which was too late to be cured. Even though she had successfully undergone the operation to remove the cancer but the virus already spread to the other part of her body. In the other hand, my Aunty’s friend claimed never failed going for the Pap Smear test yearly unfortunately one of the test has detected cancer in her cervix.

You can never tell. But still it is wisely to do the checkup regularly n if there are any changes they can be treated easily because the changes are still just in their early stages. According to the research about one in 10 pap tests will show a problem that needs following up – but don’t think the worst, most of these are minor and are not cancer.

As for me, I have to wait for another 10 days to get the result. When come to this I am always paranoid n panic. No matter how hard I tried to deny n tend not to think about it, the fact that cannot change is that I have a very strong family history having cancer. My mom, aunties n all uncles passed away because of cancer.

Cross my finger n may Allah give me a strong will n health. 'SALAAMUN QAULAN MIN RABBIN RAHIM'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amalkan salamun kau lam mirabirahm. dizikirkan 100 x . Buat secara ringan dahulu, kalau sibuk, baca 3 x kah tapi cuba buat hari-hari hingga menjadi kelaziman.
kalau dah lama lama buat ia menjadi darah daging..selepas baca berdoalah supaya dihndar dari penyakit penyakit luarbiasa, penyakit hat, penyakit angin ahmar,penyakit di dalam darah, penyakit di dalam daging, penyakit di dlm kulit, penyakit di dlm urat dan penyakit di dlm tulang.
Kita senantiasa berlindung dgn Allah kerana semua penyakit pelik pelik ini di luar kawalan kita. TERUSAKN amalan ini....ayat Al Quran adalah kata-kata Allah dan ia diturunkan untuk membantu kita menghadapi musuh kita iaitu" SYAITAN" di dunia ini.