Tuesday 1 April 2008

Malu Bertanya Sesat Jalan

Nabila n Hakeem had started their kelas agama this morning. Today they woke up very early n alhamdullilah no ‘drama’ in the morning. They were excited n looking forward to go this school. After sent them I went back home cooked n did some house chores.

I went out again at 9.30am to Tenaga Nasional to settle n install the electric. I didn’t know that the electricity was still there n not being disconnected. I guess I have to call the electrician man to check on the wiring n some connections.

My next task is to go to Jabatan Air Selangor. The letter stated that I have to pay all the dues at the Kelang Office. With a very little knowledge of the Kelang area, I decided to call the hotline for the guidance. The operator seems to be very helpful. She explained to me how to go there n all the landmarks that I have to take notice at.

I think my last trip to Kelang town was about 5 years back. That was also just at the office somewhere at the bridge that we came from Kuala Lumpur. I don’t really familiar with the Kelang area. So I crossed my finger that I can find the place.

I drove confidently passed of the bridge n the town until I saw the signboard stated the medical centre that mentioned by the helpline operator just now. I made a turn to the junction. But once reached at the small junction in front I got lost n panic. I didn’t know where to go as there was a car behind me so I’ve decided to make a left turn.

After kept driving for 5 minutes I had the feeling that I’ve got the wrong way. I just kept driving until I reached the main roundabout that I came just now. I don’t know how I got there. So this is like I am going back to the same way. Then finally I found the medical centre. The operator said it is exactly beside the medical centre.

But when I reached there I saw Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran Selangor. At the moment I knew that I got the wrong place. I parked my car n went inside to enquire the exact location for this Jabatan Air Selangor. First I told the officer that I knew that I came to the wrong place but I was told by the helpline people that it is beside the medical centre.

He said : ‘memang betul kat sini.. pejabat tu memang betul atas ofis kita’. Then I said: ‘atas ofis encik? Tingkat berapa?’ He replied: ‘bukan atas ofis.. atas bukit belakang ofis ni’ Huh… nak buat lawak ke apa pakcik ni?? Hmm.. a bit annoyed with the answer I asked how to go there since it’s near n just above his office!

He asked me where I came from n I answered from the federal highway. He asked me again whether I took the bridge or not? Obviously that everybody has to pass over that bridge to go to the town. Then of course I said YES. He asked me to go back to that bridge n wanted to explain to me how to go there. Oh dear.. I wonder what was on his mind at the moment. Do I look like a nerd person or like makcik yang tanya nak bayar bil astro kat ofis dia?

I asked him can’t I just go from here? Why don’t u just guide me how to go from here n that it will be much easier. Then he explained to me…. but it’s still the way from that bridge. Ok.. ok… When I got back to the car it was already 11.15. If I were to go back again to look for the place it’ll take more of my time. I have to fetch my kids at 12.30.

And looking at the traffic I’ve decided to go back home. Well.. I didn’t really managed find the way out from there. I just drove followed by my instinct. And finally I found my way out to the federal highway. I guess tomorrow I have to continue my hunt n mission to this place again. And I hope that it will be succeed.

No comments: