Wednesday 2 April 2008

The Attitude


I’ve succeeded in locating the Jabatan Air Selangor Kelang office. This morning after sent my kids to the school I straight away went there. I reached there quite early n not sure whether the office has open or not. So I waited n went in to the office at 8.30am.

The person in charge told me as my water has been terminated since March 2007 so I have to reapply as a new consumer. She gave me the forms n list of documents needed to be submitted. One of the things that I have to do is to get the plumbers who are licenced under SYABAS to install the stopcock meter n get their licence stamping.

After filled up the form I made a call to one of the 38 plumbers listed by SYABAS. I called the person recommended by the officer just now. This plumber’s name is En Yunus.

At first I asked him whether he can come today. He said YES n in the evening. I asked him the time n he said that he will call me back to confirm. I told him that I need him to settle this by today as I want to get my water installed fast. He said that even if he comes today, SYABAS will take 3 days to come n install the meter.

I understood that but if he can settle by today, I can submit back the form tomorrow morning. I asked him again whether he can come today coz if he can’t then I’ll get somebody else. You know what did he answer?

Saya boleh datang hari ni, tapi petang sikit.’ I asked again ‘petang pukul berapa?’ He said ‘nanti saya call puan. Tapi kalau puan nak cari org lain terpulanglah’ I said ‘awak kena bagi tau saya boleh datang ke tak? Kalau awak tak boleh datang saya cari lah orang lain pasal saya nak benda ni cepat selesai’

He answered to me ‘ikut suka puan lah.. dalam kepala saya ni pun banyak benda saya tengah fikir’ Then I said ‘ok lah kalau mcm tu saya cari orang lain, terima kasih’ Ish… is that my problem that u have lots of things in your head? Sigh…

I looked back at the list given. Should I call En Rashdan? En Juhari? Mr Ganisan? Mr Lai? Will I get the same response like En Yunus just now? Hmm…. After a few moments looking at the list, I picked the lucky Mr ONG. And I am lucky though.

A very nice n humble person. He came one hour after I called him. The job has been done within 5 minutes only. Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Lady Huyam said...

well, u know what mommy??
it is just malay who are lazy!!!!