Saturday 8 March 2008

Mari Mengundi



Today is the big event for our country – Pilihanraya Umum ke-12. And because of today also is one of the reasons why I am back to Malacca. This is the first time in my life (after 18 years eligible to vote) as the dutiful citizen, I will vote today.

Without I realized I’ve missed five elections. Wonder why I am here today to vote? Well this is what I feel. I am not really into these politic issues. And I am not really into the ‘hot’ conversations about the election that is goin on now. But I love n like to hear opinions n view from different kind of parties.

These are the reasons why I didn’t vote when I was 21 years old:
  1. I didn’t know that I am eligible to vote
  2. Though I’ve seen my parents dutifully carry out their responsibility to go out voting during every election but they didn’t tell me to do so (I don’t blame them for this)
  3. Maybe I was too ignorance all this while
  4. To conclude it all – tiada kesedaran yang saya perlu mengundi.
And today just for one reason – I as a Malaysian citizen would like to carry out my duty to go out n vote. I’ve registered as a voter at Malacca 10 years ago. I was staying at Malacca on some business projects n was encouraged to register by my colleague. A few months after that I’ve moved back to KL then away from Malaysia till now.

This morning around 10.20am, Mak took me to the school where I was supposed to vote. None of us actually knew the location. We asked around n finally got to the place – Kampung Portugis. I was laughing to myself. Why did I register here? Especially at the area that I know nobody. Hehehehe. To tell the truth, I never know the wakil rakyat at this area too. I have no time to look for their details background.


After showed my I/C n made some verification I was told to go to the 2nd floor. I was actually nervous. The feeling like I am going to sit for the big exam. Funny ahh… When I entered the room, they gave me the ballot paper n then done my duty. I felt relieved. I walked down the stairs proudly as I’ve carried out my duty as a Malaysian.

Later on Mak brought us to her friends’ house for kenduri kahwin. We really continuously pulun makan at this two kenduri. I truly enjoyed the experienced on this election.

No comments: