Wednesday 26 March 2008

The Damaged

Today is the kick-off day for my job as a ‘project consultant’. Oops.. hold on.. I am not working at any company actually.. I am the project consultant for my own ‘project’. If today I am the project consultant, tomorrow I can be a driver or a cleaner.. hehehehe..

Anyway the ‘project’ that I am responsible at is actually to make sure our house to be ready as planned so we be able to move in there. We bought the house a few years back. Every single minute after we bought the house, me n hubby were non-stop planning to do this n that. But none actually had been done!

We made our first step when I went back to Malaysia mid of 2006 to fix n install the lights, fan n a/c. At that time we were actually planning to go back to Malaysia for good. So why not do things slowly from Oman. Well.. it’s not easy as it says. It’s very difficult to monitor things when u r not there. So we decided to temporary discontinue our plan.


Early 2007, when my hubby went visited the house, we were so surprised by the uninvited guests – cik anai-anai. We had actually about 50 boxes of clothes, household, books that we kept in one of the rooms. The boxes were all our things that we shipped from Miri before we went to Oman. So it’s a heaven for our guests. I don’t know how long they have been there but the damaged was totally disaster.


My hubby got his contractor cum pest control friend to fix the problems. They managed to get rid the termites but at the same time gave us another problem. They had accidentally n wrongly digged the floor which below there lay the water main pipe. You can imagine the rest… When enquired they claimed that the pipe was not supposed to be there coz it’s very unusual to have the main pipe there. I wonder what they do with the floor plan that they asked from us before.


By the way after a few emails sent n finally I am here nagging n calling the person to resolve the problems, today he came to fix the pipe - the big hole that they digged nicely on the pipe. I have to wait at least 48 hours for the cement to be dried. According to him this is the fastest n best solution that he can get at the moment. Next week I will install back the water n electricity then see whether the water will burst out from the part that he fixed.

He asked me to call him back if that arise.. hmmm…. I took a deep breath n turned my face away from him for a second. Or else he will surely hear something that he doesn’t like (n my hubby will be annoyed at me). Please Mr. Kontraktor.. It took me ages to get you to fix this (with reasons that u’re busy, got problems, no stock) n now u r telling me this is like your trial plan. If this doesn’t work then you have to go to plan B. Excuse me… what do u think I am.

Do u think I have all the luxury time to see u fix all this? Don’t u know time is money? And I am spending my money on u for nothing!! Huh… @#%**#$@..!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jangan lupa beli safety helmet &
safety boot k, baru ada style ..heheh Lepas ni sibuklah ye.