Thursday 28 February 2008

Is the Fare Fair?

My daughter Nadira has got her place for the school. We went to see the school today. It was raining in KL here. The school is at the Genting Highland. The weather was so cool n nice. The most important is Nadira like n love the school. She will start her first day schooling in mid of March. Alhamdullilah one matter had settled. Tomorrow we have an appointment for Nabila n Hakeem’s school.

Tonight I n hubby went to Low Yatt Plaza. We went both alone n left the kids at the hotel. We decided to take a taxi to save our trouble with the jam n parking. After done with the task there, we went to have our dinner at the place once we dated before. I love the kuetiaw goreng there. The food is still the same except this time I tak malu2 n segan nak melantak in front of my hubby… hehehehhe.. Or else.. cover line ahh… masa dating2 dulu.

From there we walked to the Bukit Bintang Plaza to get a taxi to go back to the hotel. We saw many taxis qued up there n asked one of them to go to our hotel. The taxi driver said RM20. I said why u aren’t using a meter. He said now no meter-meter. Then the other guy approached n said RM15. I asked again why no meter where else now is only 9.30pm. He said.. haiyah… mana ada pakai meter-meter malam2 ni.

What? Am I just new to this trend or it’s a norm scenario like this in KL. I just can’t believe that they r doing this. I bet the tourist will even get worst compare to us the local. Unsatisfactory with these taxi drivers’s attitude, my hubby n me decided just to walk further up to get another taxi. With a hope at least there’s still a sane driver who can take us back!

Unfortunately it’s just not our day. Then we decided to take a bus. Ha.. a bus. But then we didn’t know which one to take. Hehehehhe.. then finally a bus with the KLCC route stop in front of us. It’s Rapid KL. But I saw people used card for the fare. Alamak…. Macam mana ni.. then we asked wether they take cash.. Huh.. nasib baik. We just paid RM2 each.

Our hotel is just a walking distance from the KLCC. The taxi fare from the hotel was only RM4.20. With the RM2 bus fare we save our RM20 n our energy if it happen that we decided to walk back home to the hotel. I don’t mind paying that amount if it’s really the taxi fare according to the meter. But when come to know these bunch of cekik darah driver who seems to memalukan Negara.. I would rather stand for my pride. Too much.. Very too much..

1 comment:

Abdul Q said...

itulah org malaysia sekarang.. perangai makin tak senonoh.. ni belum sebut pasal budak2 sekolah die. hope all of your children get into good schools, cause I know I'd be devastated if my siblings have to go from TAISM back to st.columba kat miri.. ish ish ishh..

anyways i only depend on auntie oja's blog to know what's happening in oman. balik ni i for sure want to teach my mom how to blog.