Saturday 16 February 2008

Shopping in Dubai

I was away for the last two days. We drove down to Dubai. This was our last trip ‘drive-down’ to Dubai. But this time we were going our family alone – not convoying group as usual. Sadly ah... Others couldn’t join. Dubai is currently having a Dubai Shopping Festival. So it was crazy sale everywhere there.

As usual we departed early in the morning. We then stopped at our usual spot to have our breakfast – nasi lemak. No.. they don’t have shop selling that. I cooked n packed it. We then arrived Dubai at our Hotel around 1pm. After solat n have a quick rest we went to Wafi City. Our intention is to drop by at the Planet Hollywood to get some t-shirts. Unfortunately they are not selling t-shirts at the moment! Frust je all my kids n Dhaniah..

After that we went to Naif Souq n were there till 10.00pm. The next day we cruised around the city taking photos n then had lunch at Emirates Mall. After that we hopped to another mall – Diera City Centre. We were there till 11.45pm. The mall closed at 12.00pm but I was so surprised to see still many people busied shopping till late hours.


We drove back to Oman today n arrived around 5pm. I don’t know when I will have the opportunity to go to Dubai again. But if this will be my last trip here, I had really enjoyed every time I spent there. Since I stayed in Oman, I had been to Dubai more than ten times. It’s a modern city with drastic development. One can’t believe that in the middle of the deserts u can see the amazing sky scrappers rising up everywhere like mushrooms. That not to mention with the modern n advance facilities, plan n ideas that they have here. It’s amazing.

Tonite I am busying washing all my clothes n packing up some things as tomorrow part of my ‘helping machine’ will be taking away….

No comments: