Friday 12 June 2009

Arabian Night



On Wednesday night I went to have a shawarma at Subang Jaya. It’s a small stall managed by my distance relatives. The taste was good n almost like Yahya’s one except the Arabic bread was bit harder.

I saw many students mostly form middle east came to buy the shawarma. Last night my relative – Uncle Salleh told us about one restaurant sells Arab food like shawarma, mandi rice n lot more. I heard about these restaurant somewhere in Ampang but never been there before.


So last night we made a trip there. It’s located at Jalan Damai, Ampang name Al-Rawsha. The place was packed. I wonder if it’s weekend it will be more crowded.


We had mandi rice, shawarma n hummus. Looking at the menu I saw lots range of familiar food that really a nostalgic for me. The mandi rice tasted delicious almost good as what we used to have at Mawalleh, Oman.


The hummus was bit sour n I was disappointed with the Shawarma as it mixed with lamb. I asked for chicken but I can still taste the lamb in it.

Overall the place was nice n suitable for family. I will surely come again to try other food in the menu.

No comments: