Friday 9 May 2008

In Kota Bharu, Kelantan



We arrived at the Sultan Ismail Petra Airport, Kelantan at 12.00 noon. I had not been here since 8 years ago when at that time I attended my brother’s wedding ceremony. We rented a car n drove to Nurul’s school to meet her. We later on checked in at the hotel for a quick rest n then had our lunch at the nearby restaurant.

The weather was very hot. We later on walked on to Pasar Siti Khadijah. The place that nobody should miss when they are in Kota Bharu. Unfortunately this seems not to be my spoilt two little kid’s favourite place. They kept complaining feeling hot n uncomfortable n the most reason is the place didn’t have things that they wanted (what else – toys). Hakeem finally fell asleep on his dad’s shoulder.

We went back to the hotel after that to have a rest. It was then heavy rain n the weather seems to be much cooler. This is the first time for my hubby been to Kelantan. We are not so familiar with the roads n places over here. But anyhow we managed to go around with the map n the helpful signboards.


Tonight we found the way to a restaurant recommended in one of the tourist list attractions. It’s a Thai Seafood Restaurant. The food was superb n delicious. I can hardly find a good restaurant that can make a good tomyam like the original Thailand’s. But this restaurant – thumbs up. I just love their tom yam. We later on drove down to Pantai Cahaya Bulan. Nothing much there actually. I can’t see the beach coz it was so dark.

Near there is a long stretch of food shops selling almost the same kind of foods – a pile of fish ball, squid ball, sausage n all those that u cucuk in the lidi. I just wonder who’s gonna eat lots of those foods n whether they will be able to sell it all.

I ended my first night in Kota Bharu by strolling along the Pasar Malam near the Buluh Kubu Bazaar. Tomorrow is another agenda n another activities....

1 comment:

Abdul Q said...

eh tgh cuti pun sempat update ek. mantap2, later i go back nak cuti2 malaysia gaklah with my friends.