Wednesday 13 October 2010

Foods in India


If I were to stay here another week, I will come back to Malaysia with a new shape of body.. perut boroi and kembang sana sini!! Hahahahahaha.. Foods over here are just so super duper yummy. I just couldn’t stop myself not to taste or eat.

Since the day I arrived, my breakfasts were Indian’s breakfast. It would be poori, idli, naan bread or whatever that you called Indian’s food. I just love to try it all one by one. Hubby said I won’t be suffering for hunger if we were to stay in India. Hahahahahaha.. indeed it’s true coz I just love Indian foods.

As for my lunch it would be briyani and briyani.. Since we were here we had turned to vegetarian. We doubted that meats or chickens here are halal. Vegeterian pun makan sampai tak ingat dunia. Be it either briyani vege or naan/poratha vege it’s just tastes so yummy and you don’t even notice that it is actually vege.

Hakeem is more adventurous in foods compare to Nabila. Nabila already complained about the foods here and wanted to eat chicken or food back in Malaysia. She hardly ate or reluctant to try. Yesterday I forced her to try out the briyani. After having it, she said.. “If I know it taste this good, I had eaten it from the day one!” Then she also tried Hakeem’s poratha and liked it immediately. Huh.. hari ke-3 baru nak rasa sedap…


So last night we walked to the nearby vegetarian restaurant to have our dinner. The place are always crowded as it’s one of the famous place in town. We had a set of Thali which consists of naan/paratha, paneer subzi, pulao, dal, papadom, salad, pickle and sweets. They really enjoyed the food.

Today hubby brought to the famous restaurant nearby to taste the briyani. Ni mmg 5 star restaurant kut.. We were greeted by 5 or 6 people at the door. They were wearing smart uniforms and the customers inside the restaurant too muka India2 kaya….


We ordered Vege Briyani and yes!.. finally ikan tenggiri goreng. Nabila loved it most as she missed so much to eat fish. The briyani was superb.. seriously I ate like a horse which later on sampai nak termuntah!! We had two sets of briyani, paneer curry and fried king fish. We even packed another king fish to eat for our dinner tonight.


At the end of our meal, they gave each of us a bowl of water with lime in it. I told the kids… jangan minum k.. these are not deserts but water for you to wash your hands! Cool kan… ye lah.. makan restaurant mahal… but still after converted to our money it was not that expensive.

So I have another two days to pulun makan briyani… Balik Malaysia kena kerja keras diet balik!!


No comments: