Monday 28 July 2008

Al Fatihah - Professor Dr Jamaliah


This morning at 10.25am I received sms from Uci said ‘Kami on the way balik masjid subang. Depan subang parade. Kul 1pm sampai. Mama dah takde’. I was shocked n shivering. I just called him last night asking about her mom n today I received the news that she has gone.

Ya Allah.. only God knows what’s deep inside my heart. Lately I was thinking about her so much. I even told my hubby that I will pay her a visit this week. Somehow last night Allah gave me a hint n made me called Uci. Uci told me that kakak was in Melaka Hospital warded in the emergency unit. I was so frustrated that I didn’t know about it coz I was in Malacca the whole weekend.

They were supposed to transfer her today to KL but Allah has planned everything ahead for us. I quickly then got my kids ready n made a few phone calls to friends then drove down to Subang Jaya. I waited at the mosque until the body arrived.

I managed to see arwah, touched her face n gave her my last good bye kiss. Looking at her with tears in my eyes, all the time spent with her flashed back in front of me. Professor Dr Jamaliah that I know was such a humble n kind person. I was very close to her during my stay in Oman.

When she got her second stroke in Oman, all of her Malaysian friends there stayed n prayed for her. I visited n spent time almost everyday with her. Cooked for her, rubbed her feet, gossiped n talked to her. We shared lots of secrets, laughs n tears. She was just like my big sister n she always reminded me of my late mom.

When her husband, Arwah Prof left (24th October 2007) we were so scared that she couldn’t face the situation. But she indeed was a strong woman that I could ever imagine. The last time I met her was about three weeks ago along with other friends from Oman.

One thing that I will never forget was her last sms to me asking me to come n see her. She said ‘Please come again. I need to talk’. I regretted so much that I didn’t have time to visit her before this. I am actually plan to see her this week. I am sorry Kakak.

Kakak.. Intan doakan semoga Allah tempatkan kakak dalam golongan orang-orang yang beriman. Semoga roh kakak dicucuri dan dirahmati Allah selalu. Kenangan bersama kakak dan prof akan sentiasa menjadi ingatan yang terindah dalam lipatan hidup Intan sekeluarga. Al Fatihah.

Arwah Kakak Jamaliah meninggal dunia di Hospital Melaka dalam pukul 9.00am. Jenazah kemudiannya dibawa ke Masjid Subang, dimandikan dan disembahyangkan selepas Zohor. Kemudian jenazah dibawa ke tanah perkuburan di USJ 21, tempat di mana Arwah Prof dikebumikan dahulu.

At this moment only Pidin n Uci are around. Laila, Udik n Edrin are on the way back from Ireland. Semoga mereka tabah menghadapi hari2 akan datang. They are just like my brothers n sister to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AlFatihah, semoga Dr Edrin, Pidin, Uci, Udik and Laila tabah. Arwah Prof and kakak prof were the mostr intelligent persons we have met in our life, and we learned a lot from them through out the past short years. Semoga roh mama ditempatkan bersama orang orang yang solehah. amin

zul

Anonymous said...

indeed a shocking news.
alfatihah! salam takziah dari kami di doha, semoga roh arwah ditempatkan bersama orang yg beriman. utk anak2, kuatkan semangat, terima dgn sabar dan tabah. semuanya adalah ketentuan Allah.

/zahrul&family

Anonymous said...

THIS is indeed a very sad news. im arwah's ex student and have not contacted her for the past 3 years. was planning to pay her a visit & probably invite her & Dr Is to my wedding. tapi apakan daya, Allah lbh sayangkan mereka. Insyaallah lepas ni kita pula akan menyusul..

i wud like to visit her kubur. i really miss her. can u pls tell me kubur dia no brapa/ yg mana satu? my no 017 - 3779592. email sweet_indryati@hotmail.com. wud really appreciate it. TQ kak.

Nirmala Zain, Bkt Antarabangsa.