Wednesday 23 July 2008

Beyond Expactation



In the afternoon after fetched kids from school, we drove down to Ampang. Hubby had his follow up appointment with the dentist. It was heavy rain so we decided to have lunch in the Ampang Point. We chose Tarbush Restaurant. I was so excited looking at the list of the foods in the menu. At that moment dah terbayang Yahya, Automatic Restaurant, Muscat Bakery, Queens n lists go on n on..

I felt like to eat everything in there. I got too excited that I couldn’t decide what to eat. Finally I picked Falafeel Sandwich to go with the Garlic Sauce n Nabila/Hakeem had Briyani Rice. For the drink I’ve chosen Mint Tea - in the middle of afternoon! This proved how I missed so much these Arabic foods.


When the food came n once it went inside my mouth – it was such like indah khabar dari rupa n how hancur hatiku terhempas bagai kaca berderai. The Arabic bread was so dry n hard plus the mixture of the falafel which tasted so not falafeel! This just cannot beat the best falafeel that I ever had in Muscat Bakery.

They had shawarma too here but just because I doubted that it won’t taste good as Yahya Shawarma, I didn’t want to take the risk. Well.. I just cannot get over with the taste of the foods that I had in Oman. I’ve tasted shawarma/falafeel in Dubai, Syria, Saudi but still the one in Oman is the best!

As for Nabila n Hakeem the briyani rice was a bit dry n the chicken was like Nasi Ayam’s one! I didn’t finish my falafeel sandwich. I gave 1 star for this restaurant. The next time if I see any restaurant sells Arabic food in Malaysia, I have to think twice to go n eat there. I might sound a bit fussy. I didn’t want to upset myself as my expectation towards this food is so high. Better not to take the risk then..

Meanwhile I have to pujuk n bodek my hubby to have a visit back to Oman.

4 comments:

Auntie Roy said...

Datang datang lah ke sini best tau
nak gi bin ateeq ke Arab world ke jum
lah datang...

Mum and Roses said...

there's a few arab's restaurants along jalan damai, the road behind city square. There's this one particular restaurant we visit almost ten times already serving excellent arabic food. Basically these restaurants cater for the local arabic population there. I am not sure what's the name but if you want to go give me a call for description.

Unknown said...

k.intan, believe it or not, tarbush was our favorite arabic restaurant before we ever step foot in middle east. i guess now if we go back, we'll have the same feelings like u too... bukak la yahya franchise kat msia!

Vogue Mom said...

Tu lah pasal.. Sesiapa yg dah rasa arabic food original from middle east, susah dah nak terima any from Malaysia here. No matter how canggih n how they claimed the originality of the food, still tak sama!