Monday 31 December 2007

Sayonara 2007

Today is the last day of the year 2007. Time just flew so fast. There were so many incidents happened in my life in the year of 2007. Some were sad, shocked, blessed, happy n joyful. That’s life all about.

In the Feb 2007, we people in Muscat received a group of Malaysian FAMA people during Muscat Festivals. We were all so glad that they were here to promo our Malaysian delicacies. Almost every night we went there to enjoy the food. The feeling of eating at the place like ‘warung’ reminded us a lot like what we used to have back in Malaysia.

My brother Boy finally managed to make himself free to come to Muscat end Feb to join us. He enjoyed the country n we brought him to Dubai as well.

In mid March I was involved in the Malaysian-Indonesian-Brunei (MIB) game. I played netball that I had last played when I was 17 years old. I am not good though but maybe because of my height I had been selected to be GK n GD. But with all the support from others that seems to be pro, I learned the rules n managed to be in the team. We won a 2nd place in netball n 1st place in overall MIB game.

In April I was very blessed n thanked to Allah that I n family were be able to perform Umrah. Alhamdullilah we managed to do it well there. There were so many hiccups before we managed to be there but with GOD’s willing I was there to see the Kaabah n touched the Hajarul Aswad.

I moved to a new house in May. We had been staying in two houses before n this will be our last settlement. I love this house so much coz it has a bigger kitchen n most important with compound for my kids to run around n play bicycle.

In June we here in Muscat were shocked n feared by the hit of cyclone Gonu. Alhamdullilah our house is at the higher area n didn’t get the effect so much with the cyclone except leaking here n there in the house. We had about 20 people gather together in our house. The aftermath of the cyclone was so bad in certain areas.

4th July is the day when I started being as a blogger. Since that I had enjoyed sharing stories of my life with others. August is a great summer holiday for my family. Balik kampong to be with our family back in Malaysia. During this holiday I was be able to meet my aunty that I had not met since 6 years ago – Aunty Uteh. 12th August is also the 5th year my mom has passed away.

September is a new school calendar for my kids here. Nabila is in Reception n Nadira in year 8. We had our ramadhan in September n Eid Aidil Fitri in October. October 24th was the day we lost our dearest friend – Prof Iskandar.

November was the joyous month for us. Nurul got 5A in her UPSR. Later on Nurul n Adik came to Oman to have their holiday here. Then followed by Mak n Faizah who joined later in December. This was the month also when Hakeem got his first chicken pox. Then it got to Nurul n Adik as well. Alhamdullilah they all had fully recovered.

We celebrated our Eid Adha here n the following day went to Syria for 5 days holiday. We love Syria n enjoyed our time spent together. Tonite we gonna send Zaireen n family to the airport. They will leave us for good.

No holiday here in Oman for New Year. No fireworks here. No free concert here. No special movie in the TV. The clock is ticking for the arrival of the New Year. By that time we r already in our bed sleeping.....

SAYONARA 2007.

No comments: