Monday 3 December 2007

Cooking Pleasure


Ask any moms in the world, what make they love to cook? What gives them pleasure? It is when whatever they cook, the children love to eat. That’s the best part.

I love to cook. Now I have all my children here (except Faizah) enjoying whatever I cooked n asking everyday what’s the menu for the day. I always made quite large amount of quantity so it can be eaten for the dinner as well. But it could always last until evening. The girls just love to eat. Sometimes I wonder where they put n squeeze all the foods in their small tummy.

Yesterday I made Nasi Ayam for lunch. The day before was asam pedas n talam ubi for tea time. When I looked at them eating, I do feel proud of myself. A satisfaction n pleasure seeing my children enjoying the food. Today I cooked sambal tumis ikan bilis tempe n baked macaroni for tea-time.

Every time when they eat, Nurul especially will say – sedap lah mommy.. sedap lah.. Even Nabila who is still small always knows how to please me. A few times she said ‘Mommy, everything u cook r always nice. I love to eat whatever u cooked’

I might not be a celebrity chef or a good cook either. I am just like any other moms who cook daily dishes for their kids. I even sometimes get my kids to involve with the cooking. Hakeem n Nabila loves to peel the carrots or potatoes skin. They even fighting over who’s gonna stir the cake batter.

Isn’t it wonderful? All the messy n weariness that u had for all the preparations are worth n paid for when u see your children enjoying n finishing your cooking.

Now I have a long list of requested menu that neec to be cooked for the kids. I will be very busy then.

No comments: