Monday 13 August 2007

Balik Kampung

I have safely arrived in Alor Setar airport last night. I was being greeted by all my family back in Kedah. So happy n glad to see them. From the airport we straight away went to our favorite ‘nasi kandaq’ – Nasi Royale.

For those who are from Kedah, they will sure know this place. Rice with a mixture of curries gravy n your choice of beef, squid, fish, vegetable n etc.. Fuuhh… finger licking good. You have to taste it n you’ll never regret..

After that we went back home to our ‘pusaka’ house. Looking at the house refresh back all the memories from those days. But the house has never be the same like when my mom is still around. I feel so upset n frustrated. The house is so dirty n not being taken care well by the ‘new member’ of our family.

This morning I n my hubby went to visit my mom’s grave. Then we had breakfast with my brother, nasi lemak daun pisang. A small pack of nasi lemak that still available only in Kedah. Today we gonna have lunch at ‘rukun tetangga'. A Chinese halal food. Famous n always pack during lunch time.

My dad is now on the way back to Alor Setar from KL. I can’t wait to meet him. Miss him so much..

1 comment:

Kasut Raya said...

Salam,

Saya pun sama le..Teringat dgn arwh mama..Sedih bila terkenangkannya..Ampunkan dosa hamba mu ini dgn ibu ku. Semoga ditempatkan dgn org2 yg solehah, bagilah syurga tempat jaminannya..AMIN..