Monday 25 April 2016

Quality or Quantity?

New studies say that 30minutes daily exercise is enough to shed pounds!

"Researchers found moderately overweight men who exercised hard enough to sweat for 30 minutes a day lost an average of 8 pounds over three months compared to an average weight loss of 6 pounds among men who worked out for 60 minutes a day. The overall loss in body mass was the same for both groups, almost 9 pounds."

Well... I believe in this! I started a new workout program 6 months ago in one of the European franchise fitness centre calls VIVAFITVIVAFIT offers 30minutes of various types of workouts daily, five times a week. I started with the HIIT exercise at the beginning of the week and ended my week with strengthening body balance. I come everyday or at least three times a week.


At first during the first registration, I even questioned the Personal Trainer there - "30minutes? Is it enough for me?" Before joining this, I went to the typical gym centre equipped with lots of machine and I probably only used 3-4 machines there. The one I always used were the treadmills and cycle machines. Sometimes I would explore machines on legs which I rarely do because I was afraid of doing it wrongly.

Years I have been doing this and well.. I did lose my weight but it was very slow progress. I am glad that I found and joined this newly opened fitness centre in Oman. Though the fees are quite a bomb, it really is worth the money and effort.

For the six months I've joined, I have lost 4kg. PERMANENTLY 4kg, NOT yoyo! This is the highest achievement and the "biggest loser" that I have made. Its not just the weight loss but also my body, mainly my arms and legs, are becoming fitter and toned up. No more wobbly flabby arms! The difficult part is always to get the flat tummy but I'm working out towards it. 

In these classes, I also learned the new way and name of exercises and terms like - plank, lunges, squat and many more.. also pilates, core, strength, HIIT (High-intensity Interval Training) and more. Fun.. If nowadays people were to talk about all these things, I can join and also brag about it!

I am not against doing exercise using machines, I like it too, but I feel these kind of exercise classes suits me better. 30 minutes every day for each class and sometimes I have two classes which runs to 1 hour, with the quality workout that I do - it is enough for a day. 

I have more time to do other things as I don't spend hours at the gym. I believe in whatever we do, try our best to do the best we can so that we can get a good quality result. There is no point spending hours in the gym or anything else, when at the end we achieve nothing.

No comments: