Tuesday 3 May 2016

Omani Doll - my new passion

I've been living here in Oman for almost 10 years but only now have the opportunity to learn how to make these Omani Dolls. I don't really know who actually started the idea of creating it, but I learned to make it from one of the British ladies who have been living in Oman for many years.

After I went to 4 classes I managed to have my first family omani doll frame hanging on my wall.


Being a bit ambitious, my friend and I started taking orders, making omani dolls for our friends. We then expanded our so called business by organizing classes. I sometimes think and wonder where this creativity of mine suddenly came from. At times I can't believe how I managed to draw a camel when I am actually bad at drawing anything!

I might be a late bloomer. A late bloomer of everything! I started mountain biking and workout classes a few years back. I even did cross stitching, crochet, book binding, sewing, patchwork a couple years back too. I just want to do everything and anything to fill up my time.

The latest one is the Omani Doll. I just love to sit down and decorate and beautify it. Well... it is better than nothing right! Enjoy some of the omani dolls made by me and my partner.





No comments: