Tuesday 7 January 2014

Say NO to Jeans



I don’t remember when is the actual date but what I know is I’ve not worn jeans for more than a year. Wah.. Pecah rekod!!

What make me stop wearing it? Well.. One day when I was putting on my jeans, stood in front of the mirror.. I felt like a pumpkin. I felt so bloated. My butt was so huge and that peace of denim was just trying to cover it.

I suddenly lost my confident. I felt so ugly and old. I told myself, maybe this is it. This is the time that I should say good bye to my favorite denim pants. Jeans has been ‘a must’ in my wardrobes. I’ve worn jeans since I was small. I have all kind range of designs – boot cut? bell bottom? straight cut? low cut? skinny? jegging? Just name it and I had it all. I followed closely to all the designs so not to be left out.

Now I am more comfortable seeing myself in long skirts or non denim pants. Some say, you are what you are. Well.. Maybe I look more feminine or like makcik2 but that doesn’t mean that I am not cool.

Hey.. I still love and doing my outdoor activities. I can still climb the mountain without jeans. The most important thing is you yourself. Wear something that you like and feel confident in it.

I always check myself in the mirror before going out. This may seem vain, but if what I see don’t make me smile, then it’s not worth it. If you find yourself adjusting your clothing constantly, it’s obviously not something you’re comfy in. Doesn’t matter what it is, it needs to make you feel good when you see yourself!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken!


No comments: